January 2016 2
Petite microgreens have been increasingly used over the past 20 to 30 years, especially in upscale restaurants. Fine dining restaurants make up about 10% of total American restaurant sales, and those sales have been up 3% over the past year. This means that while only a small segment of the population has had regular exposure to this specialty produce product, the exposure has been steadily increasing. Petite microgreens are now becoming far more mainstream, which has led to some confusion as to what a microgreen actually is and how it should be used.
What are Microgreens?
Edible flowers have become some of the most fascinating and interesting ways to make any dish instantly more appealing, flavorful, and entertaining. If you’re looking for a way to use edible flowers in your daily dishes, here are a few simple tips:
- Not every flower is edible (of course), and the ones that are edible have different flavors which make them better suited for certain dishes. For a garnish on a main or side dish that has a savory flavor, bean blossoms or miniature pansies are good additions. For a sweet dish or dessert, consider using lavender, roses, or violets.
- Crystallized flowers also make great additions to dishes, and they add an extra-special aesthetic to any dessert. These flower (more…)
Top Green Tea Diet
The strongest and most durable furniture and structures are made from wood. Not only is it simply beautiful to look at but it has been around since the beginning of time and lasted through the years. Rustic wooden creations have been growing in popularity and continue to gain ground. Rustic wood siding can be used [...]
It’s time to start boosting your sales. The only way to do that is with some new equipment. Should you take the plunge and buy a reefer trailer? Thermo King refrigeration units for sale can give you a whole host of benefits you’d otherwise be barred off to. From giving you more flexibility in delivery [...]
The use of wood is commonplace all throughout the country, for everything from flooring to wood paneling to wood tabletops. Wood is an incredibly durable material, after all, able to last for as many as 100 total years (if not even longer than that) before needing to be replaced, though only when cared for as [...]
Health and Fitness
- Well: War Wounds That Time Alone Can’t Heal
Moral injury resembles post-traumatic stress disorder with an added burden of guilt, and requires different treatment. [...]
- Well: Direct-to-Consumer Lab Tests, No Doctor Visit Required
Firms promise to help consumers spot metabolic red flags. Critics say the services persuade healthy people to seek unneeded treatment. [...]
- Well: A Doctor on Schedule, Rarely on Time
Everyone can tell when I’m behind. Every visit is pared to essentials. Paperwork is postponed, chatting minimized. [...]
- Well: Early Puberty in Girls Raises the Risk of Depression
Those who developed breasts younger than their peers had a higher risk of depression, a new study found. [...]
- Well: Think Like a Doctor: The Tired Gardener Solved!
Readers solve the case of a previously healthy 67-year-old gardener who is too exhausted and feverish to garden. [...]