Whether you’re sipping a glass of moscato after dinner or pairing your favorite red wine or white wine with their favorite meal, Americans love wine. Like a lot. In fact, it’s estimated that more than 900 gallons of wine are consumed by Americans on an annual basis. If you love wine, you’ll be happy to know that that number is continuing to grow.
It’s not hard to see why Americans love wine. Aside from tasting delicious and pairing well with a lot of foods, white has many health benefits including:
- Helping to control your blood sugar
- Giving your brain a boost
- Fighting colds
- Helping fight cancer
- Lowers your cholesterol
- Promoting your heart health
- Helping you lose weight
If you’re a wine lover, did you know it’s incredibly easy these days to buy wine online? These days, you can buy everything online: clothes, groceries, books, electronics, prescription drugs, etc. Believe it or not, there are many sites that also sell wine, which means you can always find good online wine sales.
Chances are you might be used to visiting your local grocery store and picking up your favorite type of wine. But there are many benefits to buying wine online. If you’re going to do that, these tips will help you find exactly what you’re looking for:
- Make sure you can get it: Before you buy anything you should know that every state has different rules when it comes to buying alcohol. If you’re doing some online wine shopping, you can definitely help yourself out by checking out the rules regarding wine shipments.
- Make sure someone is home: if you’re ordering wine online, make sure someone is home to sign for your shipment when it arrives at your door. Let’s be honest, you probably shouldn’t have shipments sent to the place your workplace and your neighbor can’t sign for you. Keep it simple and be home when the wine arrives from online wine sellers.
- Shop around: If you’re a wine drinker that’s not really picky on vintages or anything incredibly specific, many places offer plenty of great wine deals online. If you know which brands or flavors of wine you like, you can shop around sites like CaseMates.com or wine clubs like NakedWines to find wine deals online. Regardless of what you buy, beware of shipping costs. Wine clubs and discount wine sites can offer you some great deals, but they might charge a bit for shipping, so keep an eye out.
- Be observant: If you consider yourself a true wine connoisseur, sites such as Wine-Searcher allow you to search through tons of online sellers to find the lowest prices on your favorite vintages. While buying online is great, if you’re a wine enthusiast who’s looking for something very specific, you might be better offer visiting a local vineyard and trying to find your favorite alcoholic beverages. There are more than 7,000 wineries across the US, so you’ve got plenty of options if you love wine.
- Do research: If you’re shopping for wine online and you’re more of a casual wine drinker, take some time to do some research before plunking down money. Wine clubs are great for some folks because you get a variety of wines at an affordable price. If you’re more particular about your wine or tend to stick to one or two of your favorite tried-and-true types, wine clubs may not be for you. The club picks the wine, so you never know what you’re getting and you may not know where it’s coming from.
Whether you’re looking at wine clubs or traditional sites such as Wine.com, do some research before clicking the buy option. Ultimately, you want to get exactly what you paid for and you want to know exactly what you paid for.
Buying wine online can be a fun way to switch things up if you’re a wine enthusiast or it can be a great way to get your favorite types of wine at affordable prices. By taking time to do a little research and being observant online, you can make buying wine fun and a heck of a lot easier.